Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Eyes



I was driving back from a house dedication yesterday when I came to a horrible realization. I am desensitized. Being emerged in such culture as this at first is incredibly over whelming. Houses made from tarps, wooden slabs, scrap metal.. children with no shoes,food or a family..people are dying from something as simple as having no blankets at night. From seeing and hearing these types of situations every single day, the shock factor has left my heart a little. For some people that would sound good. The everyday heartache and pain finally leaving your body after these daily witnesses. That statement could not be more wrong. I pray daily that God will give me the eyes and the heart that I first had, my first day here in Ensenada. It is not OK to see this lifestyle as "ok". I find myself in my head saying "oh yea, well that's normal, that's just how they live". How am I ever going to realy push myself to make a difference if slowly everything turns to normality? I find it so easy just to fall into this confortable state of being. I feel like a hypocrite. I am constantly telling people that 'God does not want us to be comfortable'. He wants us to jump outside of our comfort zones and really get messy with life! I've realized that I am so comfortable here seeing this lifestyle that it slowed my motivation. Since I came to this realization I have this new throb in my heart and this new drive aching through my bones to just get out there and get messy! I'm not sure what God's trying to tell me through this, but whatever it is I am ready and running! Looking through new eyes has never felt more refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment